Eating simply is what I do all the time. I can vouch for the weight loss, health benefits and what I see will be longer life than would have been. If you are young, you probably don’t worry too much about a year passing by. But, when one gets older time seems to speed up and before you know it you wonder how you got so old so quickly.
‘Go ahead, have that cookie. But, who can eat just one’?
As I said, my diet is pretty basic. So, if you have those mysterious aches and pains bothering you, you just might want to try eating the way I do for a week or so to see if you might benefit from it. I would bet more that you will than won’t.
‘For best health, you have to know what’s in the food you are eating’
Here’s how I start out my day…
- Late morning I fry diced potatoes in an oil-less pan
- I may eat a salad with it or dice up an onion, green pepper and mushrooms fried with my potatoes (I always add beans)
- I will eat berries throughout the day and drink a green smoothie
- I drink filtered water with lemon squeezed in it
- I usually eat 2 meals a day
- I used to eat 3 and sometimes still do
- Maybe, I’m healthier and don’t need as much to eat?
- I may absorb nutrients more efficiently and/or eat more nutritious food…
- Later on for dinner, I may eat vegetable soup with lentils and maybe another large salad with green olives, pumpkin seeds and my vinegar dressing
- And, I may include more potatoes!
- I love Russets!
- If I get hungry after dinner I eat millet with rice milk with no sweetener
- This is pretty much it as far as food goes
- In my opinion, if one consumes less sodium, sugar and oil, he is on his way to attainment of superior health
‘Have you been trying to cut back on less healthy foods? Are you starting to eat better and move more but having a hard time sticking with these changes ’?
When you eat primarily plant based whole food you don’t have to worry much about what’s in it. I do try to buy everything organic, but the store doesn’t always have it. This is due to what’s been happening in our nation I would guess?
‘Although, I cheat a little once in a while, I do eat 80-90% plant based whole food the rest of the time’
I believe it’s much better using the salt shaker rather than eating processed and refined foods high in sodium. You have control with the shaker but not in convenience food.
Source- 1 Changing Your Habits for Better Health. (2020, November 01). Retrieved January 10, 2021, from https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/diet-nutrition/changing-habits-better-health
Note- consult your doctor before you change your diet.