If you suffer from generalized aches and pains, you should probably see your doctor. But, what I do is avoid eating certain foods that may be causing arthritis like symptoms. Foods can make you healthy through weight loss. But, eating the wrong foods such as junk and snack foods can make you Continue reading “If you suffer from Inflammation or aches and pains: You might want to avoid eating these”
To succeed on a diet of plant based whole food (where I lost almost fifty pounds and got healthier) you need to look at it like a permanent lifestyle change. And, it is just that. Believe it or not, eating this way changes your whole Continue reading “Simple steamed broccoli with potato, sautéed onion and mushrooms recipe”
There are so many additives and chemicals added to refined and processed foods, it would simply drive one crazy to constantly read all the labels. There is a solution… It’s easy. Don’t Continue reading “Why weight loss may be ‘unhealthful’ if you still aren’t feeling well…”
The older you get, the more you’ll probably be concerned about this. Especially, if you have a health problem, are overweight or generally don’t feel well. Through my own research, I have found some answers I feel will help.
I have learned that there are people in Continue reading “What is the secret to a long and healthy life?”
Nobody gets to ride for free. There’s upkeep mentally and physically. It’s easy to slip on your diet and before you know it, you are not feeling as well and have gained weight. Why? Because we live in a world of Continue reading “Lifestyle and weight management: You have to keep working at it”
What are the world’s healthiest foods to eat? It’s those that also help you lose weight naturally. How can anything be a better partnership than that! You know that the USDA tells you to eat so many servings of Continue reading “What are the world’s healthiest foods?”
I wanted to compile a short list of foods I have researched to be the healthiest, and assist in weight loss. It’s basically how I eat. I lost almost fifty pounds eating this way.
My blood pressure is low, I maintain my current weight of 158 lbs. down from 205+ lbs., and I am strong and feel great. I don’t have anything major wrong with my health and don’t go to the doctor and never ever get the cold or flu.
- Eat at least one huge green salad each day (suggestion: add romaine, butter lettuce, cabbage, baby kale, cucumber, onion and celery) with nuts or seeds sprinkled on top
- Make a tahini dressing or use balsamic vinegar with Italian spices
- 1 cup of beans and a cup of brown rice or wild rice with salsa (avoid other grains)
- Eat a handful of berries like raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. Avoid high sugar fruits like mangoes, pineapples, bananas and avoid citrus and dried fruits such as raisins and dates. High sugar and bad for the teeth
- Eat a steamed vegetable/s for lunch or dinner like broccoli, kale, squash and/or spinach
- Avoid eating grains in any form. This goes for whole or refined like oatmeal, boxed cereals, bread and tortillas
- Eat a medium white or red ‘peeled’ potato in the morning or at night, too. I peel them because of hidden sand and small rocks. Forfeit the skin, it isn’t worth cracked or broken teeth!
- Don’t cook with or drizzle oil on your salads. No OIL. Bad for your cardiovascular system
- Limit sugar and salt
- Try to buy all your food organic and non GMO
- I drink only filtered and bottled water
- I don’t eat anything else but plant based whole food
Now, you’ll notice right away there isn’t grain products like bread listed. I’ve heard good and bad about grain. Yet, I know from personal experience it doesn’t do good by me. This means no grains, not even millet, quinoa or lesser known.
Maybe, grains affect you too, but you don’t know it yet. But, you might not feel good and don’t know why. You know, those mysterious aches and pains? You can get tested for sensitivity to grain. But, why bother? Why not just eliminate it altogether?
The nutrition level in grain is so low, we really don’t need to eat it. And, as for fiber, other plant foods have much better fiber that’s easier on our intestines.
Forgo the grain and reap the benefits of better health, longer life and weight loss. Go to the bottom of my page and download my free PDF ‘complete’ shopping list. You’ll be glad you did. Happy, healthier eating!
Now, please forgive me since I am not a real professional photographer. Take a look at my plant-based diet. Do I practice what I preach? I usually do, but honestly, I do Continue reading “My Plant based diet: Do I ‘practice what I preach’?”
I wanted to make a daily to ‘do’ list with nutritious foods and things I’ve learned which seem to bring much benefit to my health. You might want to know what I eat, so you can do it, too. What it does for me, it could very well do the same for you.
For example, when you eat nuts in modest amounts, you don’t Continue reading “Your daily fruit and vegetable list: Add these for weight loss and health!”
Years ago, I wanted to know ‘what to eat to lose weight fast’. In my younger days, I was kind of ‘vain’ about blow drying my hair, what fancy ‘stylish’ clothes I wore, and how big my stomach was. I didn’t want to Continue reading “What to eat to lose weight fast: ‘Avoid the big 3’”